In this article we will explain how to install the Prestashop module in 4 simple steps:
1. GENERATE YOUR API KEY ON PACKLINK PRO
To be able to install the Prestashop module, you first need to generate the API key on Packlink PRO. Open the Packlink PRO control panel in the Settings -> Packlink PRO API key section.
If you’ve still not generated the API key, click on Generate API key:
If you’ve already generated the API key you can copy it and then use it in the Prestashop back office:
2. INSTALL THE PRESTASHOP MODULE
Once the API is generated, you need to download the module. You can download the Packlink.PRO module by accessing the section "configuration" >> "Integrations for your online shop" in your Packlink PRO account.
Download the module by accessing your personal area by following these steps:
- Click on the settings icon at the top right part of your personal area.
- Access the section Integrations for your online shop in your Packlink.PRO account, select the Prestashop icon as we show you below.
- Click on the correct version for your device, either 1.6 or 1.7, and a zip file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Download the file in ZIP format on your computer:
Once the module is downloaded, you now have to install the module in the Prestashop back office:
Once the compressed ZIP file is downloaded, access your Prestashop account (modules and services section) and follow these five steps to install the module:
1. To install the module, access the your PrestaShop shop back office.
2. In the "Modules and services" section, click on the "Add new module" button
3. Upload the Packlink module in .zip format and click on "upload this module"
4. Click on "install module" and then it will ask you to log in.
5. Add the API key as we have shown you in step 1 and click on "Log in"
3. CONFIGURE THE MODULE
Once the module is installed, the default measurements, default addresses and lastly the shipping services must be configured. Remember that if you already have the default measurements and addresses in your Packlink PRO account, these will be automatically synchronised with your Prestashop account.
You’ll find the settings icon for the module in the module box. Go to Modules and type ‘Packlink’ in the search bar to find the module box and click on "Configure"
If you have already defined the most used package measurements and collection addresses, this information will be synchronised automatically with your PrestaShop account:
If you haven’t already set default measurements, click on the link "package you use the most", add weight, length, width and height and click on "save changes":
If you haven’t already set default addresses, click on the link "pre-defined addresses", add your address and click on "save changes":
Now all you have to do is select "the shipping services" that you wish to use. You’ll have to include the following information:
- Service name, this is the one that your customers will see.
- If you want to show the service logo.
- Configure your price policy: you can choose to show the prices you pay to Packlink or add a percentage onto these prices or a fixed price by weight.
4. USE THE MODULE.
When a shipment has been paid or the payment has been accepted by you, the shipment will be automatically imported into your Packlink PRO account. Packlink PRO will always update all the shipments that are ready for delivery in PrestaShop. You just need to access Packlink PRO when paying for the shipment because the rest of the information is synchronised with your PrestaShop information.