All bottles (oil, wine, etc.), both glass and plastic, must be transported in compliant packaging, approved by the carriers as they require particularly resistant packaging material that allows them to be immobilised inside the box in which they will be inserted.
Non-suitable packaging with bubble wrap and/or newspaper sheets are considerate inappropriate packaging by our insurance cover, and in case of damage, no claim will be accepted.
If the bottle should break or loose liquid inside the packaging, it could also damage other shipments that are transported by the carrier. Furthermore, if for security reasons the goods cannot be held by the carrier, these might be destroyed without any notice.
To pack your bottles, you'll need the following materials:
- Boxes with separators and anchor points, based on both weight and dimensions of the bike
- Polyethylene sheets
- Mouldable foam
- Polystyrene tubes
- Expanded polyethylene sheets
- Inflatable packaging (Airbags)
- Packaging tape
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack each bottle individually.
- Wrap them using absorbing and/or waterproof material, such as polyethylene sheets, polystyrene tubes or foam adapted to the shape of the bottle.
- Do not leave the bottles' corners or protuberances uncovered.
- Place your bottles into the box using separators, at least 5 cm away from the box borders, in order to avoid any damage during transportation.
- Protect the borders of the box using expanded polyethylene.
- Fill the empty spaces of the box (using mouldable foam, foam chips or shavings, inflatable packaging), immobilising the items and protecting them from vibrations.
- Close and seal your parcel with a strong paper packaging tape.
In the case of damages, claims will be accepted only if items have been packed according to our packaging guide.
It is not allowed to send bottles using our standard services in the cases outlined in this article, as the shipment may be returned to the sender and no refund is applicable in this situation. For more information, please check also the list of Prohibited and non compensation items.