To make a claim for damage or loss, as with any other insurance (home, car, etc.) you need to provide documentation.
The documents required to make an insurance claim are the following:
- Transportation Agency collection note signed by the courier (except in exceptional cases).
- Delivery note with a summary of damages, in the case of breakage.
- Commercial invoice (purchase/sale) of the transported goods, or purchase receipt. It should always reflect information that matches the sender and the recipient. If the payer is not the sender of the goods, they must send a letter indicating the relationship between the three parties.
- In the event of breakage, it will be necessary to provide photographs
- Damage repair estimate (only in case of breakage)
Remember that it is necessary for the claim for damage or loss to be made by the person who paid for the shipment within the established deadlines. Otherwise, it cannot be processed.
Once the documentation has been received, our Insurance Department will make the necessary arrangements with the transport company and the insurance company to do everything possible to ensure that you get the best outcome.