Almost all services available via Packlink require a printer, therefore, you need to always print the PDF label and attach it to the parcel.
Each carrier has its own label that contains all the information about your shipment. When your print the label, please remember:
- To always hand over the parcel with the postage label firmly attached to it.
- If you have your parcel collected without the label, Packlink will not be responsible in the case of loss.
- It is your responsibility to check that the information on the label is correct, before the parcel is collected or deposited in a drop off point.
To download the label, log into your e-mail account and open the shipment confirmation e-mail. Click on "PRINT THE LABEL" that should be in the center of the e-mail text from Packlink.
Best practices regarding your label:
- Even for services where a printer is required, you can still provide your own form of identification. For example, you can write on the box the full delivery information (recipient's name, address, contact telephone number...).
- Do not forget to always request the pick-up slip from the courier. This is the proof that the chosen carrier has collected your shipment, and in what condition.
- Once you have printed your label, make sure that label is properly applied to the packaging, do not cover the barcode with tape as it could pose a problem for scanning.
- If you have used the label correctly, you will be able to track your shipment using the carrier's tracking number on their websites.