You can send liquids or solid foods with Packlink, but only non-perishable foods can be shipped. Please read carefully the information written in each section of this article.
Which foods or liquids can be shipped?
You CANNOT ship foods or liquids in the following cases:
- The food or the liquid is perishable (i.e. expiration date less than 10 days).
- Goods that you are shipping require particular and/or specific temperature, humidity, luminosity or manipulation.
The services we offer on our platform do not provide temperature-controlled services. As a result, no compensation claim will be accepted by Packlink or the carrier in the case of issues with the shipment, regardless of the packaging used. Perishable food is included in the list of Prohibited items.
Examples of foods or liquids that CANNOT be shipped:
- Refrigerated food.
Examples of foods or liquids that CAN be shipped:
Please use the following materials when packing foods or liquids:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the goods.
- Mouldable foam.
- Bubble wrap.
- Polyethylene sheets.
- Polystyrene foam (compression resistant).
- Foam chips or shavings.
- Inflatable packaging (Airbags).
- Polystyrene tubes.
- Paper packaging tape.
Please follow the instructions below to avoid any damage during transportation. Please do not send bottles along with cans, as goods might be damaged.
- Pack each item individually.
- Solid food must be packed with at least 5 cm thickness of bubble wrap, making sure it has correct protection.
- Liquids must be wrapped in absorbing and/or waterproof material, such as polyethylene sheets, polystyrene tubes or foam, according to the shape of the bottle.
- Do not leave the item's corners or protuberances uncovered.
- Place your items into the box using separators, at least 5 cm away from the box borders, in order to avoid any damage during transportation.
- Fill the empty spaces of the box (using mouldable foam, foam chips or shavings, inflatable packaging), immobilising the items and protecting them from vibrations.
- Close and seal your parcel with a strong paper packaging tape.
- Each country applies different restrictions in terms of food that can be shipped. For this reason, please verify the information with the embassy for your destination.
- To non-European international destinations and/or with customs clearance, a series of specific import documentation is required from various institutions, such as Technical Data Sheets of Origin and Product, FDA Code in the case of the USA, or other type of documentation in compliance with the current legislation against Bioterrorism.
- If you are sending your items outside the European Union, please remember to complete the Customs invoice and attach it to the parcel.
- To Norway, it is not permitted to send solid foods or liquids with standard packaging services for customs bureaucracies.
- To Finland and Sweden, it is not allowed to import alcohol even at a low alcohol percentage, including wine.
In the event of damage, our Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.