With Packlink you can send dishes and glasses, but you will need to pay close attention to the packaging.
Please note that is not possible to send plain glass (such as mirrors, windows aquariums, plain sheets of glass and panels), as this is included in our list of prohibited/non-compensation items.
As you are sending a fragile product with different and irregular shapes, it is important to adapt the packaging material used accordingly. There are no special services with Packlink's shipping solutions dedicated to shipping fragile objects. We strongly recommend you to send parcels whose weight do not exceed 10 kg.
Use a matryoshka (Russian doll) style packaging (box-in-box) to provide additional stability to your items.
Handling instructions (handle with care, this side up, fragile, do not bend/fold, do not stack, etc.) do not guarantee any special treatment.
The packaging must protect the products from shocks, falls and vibrations, so it must act as a shock absorber. Items are handled by automatic machinery and must withstand a free fall of at least 1.50 meters.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the item.
- Mouldable foam.
- Injectable foam.
- Compression-resistant polyethylene foam (PE).
- Polystyrene filler chips (foam chips).
- Inflatable packaging (Airbags).
- Packing tape (resilient & good quality).
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Pack the items individually.
- Wrap each piece with at least 5 cm of polyethylene sheeting that adapts to the shape of the objects. Make sure the item has enough protection.
- Do not leave corners or protrusions/bulges of the items exposed.
- Place the items inside a box separated from each other, with a minimum of 5 cm from the borders and corners of the box to avoid possible damage from shocks or vibrations during transport.
- Make sure there are no gaps and that the contents cannot move after sealing the box. Use sufficient filler material and shock absorbers (mouldable foam, polystyrene filler chips, inflatable packaging, etc.).
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality, resilient packing tape.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.
Improvised packaging such as like bubble wrap or newspaper are inappropriate.