With Packlink you can send your favorite jersey, shoes, and clothing. However, you must pay special attention to their packaging.
If your shipment is international, before purchasing the service, please check with the embassy or consulate of the destination for possible restrictions and confirm if they allow the shipment of new/used clothing/textiles. In some countries, this is considered prohibited merchandise.
Do not mix clothes with other types of products such as liquids or food, as they might get damaged if there’s a breakage, without any insurance coverage.
Remember that the packaging must provide proper protection during transport and protect all clothing from scratches, humidity and perforations.
Please use the following materials while packing your items:
- Double corrugated cardboard boxes, based on both weight and dimensions of the items.
- Plastic/waterproof envelope with hook-and-loop seal.
- Plastic bag with hermetic zip.
- Polyethylene plastic bag for clothes.
- Formable foam.
- Bubble wrap.
- Packaging tape.
Once you have gathered all the materials, please follow these instructions to avoid any damages:
- Put the clothes in envelopes or plastic/waterproof bags, preferably hermetic and zip-locked, or in polyethylene plastic bags according to their size to protect them from humidity.
- For shoes and hats, fill their insides with formable foam to prevent them from deforming. Then wrap them separately with at least 5 cm of bubble wrap.
- Place all clothing inside the double corrugated cardboard box.
- Close and seal the cardboard box with good quality and resilient packing tape.
- Padded envelopes
You can use padded envelopes (with bubble wrap) to send clothes. However, no claims will be accepted in the event of damage, because this packaging is easily susceptible to perforation and does not protect the items from humidity and/or scratches during transport. In this case, it is also essential to wrap the contents with at least 5 cm of bubble wrap.
In the event of damage, the Claims Department will only consider claims where the items have been transported with sufficient protective material. Any item that is transported without respecting our Packaging Guide will be excluded and ineligible for any compensation otherwise awarded.