Thanks to Packlink PRO, you will be able to automatise and optimise your shipment process: import orders, print labels, arrange pick-up and packaging of your shipments. In addition to this, you can easily manage everything from your own PRO dashboard.
In the video and article below we show you the steps you need to follow to successfully connect your BigCommerce store with your Packlink PRO account.
How to install Packlink PRO app
- Access BigCommerce App market.
- In the search bar, type "Packlink PRO" then press Enter.
- Select Packlink PRO card, then click Get this app.
- You'll be automatically redirected to BigCommerce Login page.
- Provide your email and password, then click Log in.
- A new window will be automatically displayed, with the information about Packlink PRO. Click Install to add Packlink PRO to your BigCommerce account.
- Once installed, Packlink PRO app will be available in your BigCommerce dashboard, by selecting My Apps in the left navigation menu.
Registration and API Key
- In your BigCommerce dashboard, select My Apps in the left navigation menu.
- Locate Packlink PRO, then click Launch.
- You'll be automatically redirected to Packlink PRO log in page.
- Please note: if you do not have a Packlink PRO account yet, you'll need to create a new one.
- Provide the API Key. For more information about how to get this information, check this article.
- Paste the API Key in the correct field, then click Validate API Key.
Set up default settings
Once you have completed the integration process, and provided the correct API Key, you will be redirected to the default settings page, to configure your shipment information.
If you already have entered this information in your Packlink PRO account, you can skip the set up or choose to edit your information. If you would like to skip this step, click the blue button Continue. Instead, in case your would like to make some changes, click Edit.
If you did not set up your default settings, please follow the instructions outlined here below.
- Click the blue button Start set up.
- Provide your default parcel details, such as weight, height, width and length, in centimetres (cm.), then click Save.
- Provide the required information in Set sender’s address, such as Warehouse name, Name of contact person, Surname of contact person, Company name, Country, City or Postcode, Address, Phone number and email address. Click on the Save Changes button.
- The Shipping services configuration page will be automatically displayed.
Set up carriers
In this step you need to provide the information about the carriers you would like to select for those orders managed through Packlink PRO. The carriers you select here will be displayed in your shop online.
- Click Add service.
- The full list of the available carriers with Packlink PRO will be displayed. You can also apply filters at the top of the page, such as Type of shipment or Parcel origin.
- Click Add next to the carrier you want to select.
- Update the Service title.
- Set up the Price Policy:
- If you do NOT update the Price policy, Packlink's prices will be displayed to your buyers. Make sure to always review your parcel's dimensions in Packlink PRO when orders are imported from BigCommerce.
- If you would like to update your Price policy, select the option next to Set up my shipment prices. Click Add Price Rule to set up your Price policy. Once you have added your prices, click Save to confirm.
- Click Save changes.
Setting up zones
Once you have chosen the carriers for your shipments, you need to set up zones:
- Click Settings in the left navigation menu.
- Select Shipping from the list.
- Select Checkout shipping options.
- If the zone/country is missing from the list, select Add new shipping service from the drop-down menu. If, instead, the service is already displayed in the list, click Configure.
- Toggle the switch to enable Packlink PRO shipping quotes.
Multiple addresses feature in Packlink PRO
In BigCommerce you can confirm one single purchase to be sent to multiple addresses* (2 or more).
These shipments will be imported in your Packlink PRO account under one unique order reference along with the shipment ID previously assigned by BigCommerce. Furthermore, shipments sent to mutliple addresses will be listed in different rows in your Packlink PRO dashboard and a reference number will be assigned to each one of them.
*This feature must be enabled in your BigCommerce backoffice and not in our Packlink PRO app.
How to disconnect BigCommerce and Packlink PRO
If in future, you would like to deactivate this integration between your Packlink PRO account and BigCommerce, please follow these steps:
- Access your BigCommerce account.
- Select My Apps, in the left navigation menu.
- Click Uninstall on the Packlink PRO card.